ShrekChan is the Internet's largest Shrek-themed imageboard. Founded in late 2012 by Shrek ## ADMIN ##, ShrekChan has evolved into a central meeting point for Brogres around the world. The rules of ShrekChan are very loose, even for an imageboard. This has indubitably been one of the partial factors in ShrekChan's rapid rise in popularity. About once a month, ShrekChan goes down for a while. This is of course the worst time of each month.
Then and Now
Shrekchan was created many millennia ago by unknown life forms about which to this day people are still divided. It's creation remains a mystery still unknown to those who dare[YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK YOU I DARE TO GO DEEPER] dig deeper.
BUT there's more to it: [illuminati citation needed]
I am talking about the beginning back then in 29 October '12, when someone who wouldn't like to share his name but otherwise share his address, made this chan. Around June, /mu/ (4chan's music board) had found this chan and started talking about it. After the /mu/ thread got over 100 replies, they moved it to /x/ (/x/ being the paranormal board of 4chan). More on that later. See, back then, Shrekchan wasn't just the ordinary chan you know nowadays. It was more like a mask of something obscure and dark. The old Shrekchan had a lot of hidden pages. People thought that these pages were only a quarter of all the pages. As people were looking for hidden pages, someone found a clock countdown that ended on the day the Olympics started, just before the days the Olympics started, there were a lot of fakers, but also some who could give you the creeps. During the night, someone made a thread saying that he found this on YouTube. The thread was ignored.
Back then, Shrekchan had a livestream in which they would stream all the Shrek movies. There was something really weird about those streams. The movie would occasionally get interrupted by Satanic rituals and chants (heard in the background), sometimes something REALLY strange (like a horse thingy screencap, straight outta stream). Everything continued this way until the Olympics were over. When the Olympics got finished, Shrekchan went down for 2 or 3 days and when it got turned on most of the hidden pages got deleted. The livestream is dead, nobody comes on it anymore, and if you talk about anything NOT Shrek related, you get banned and your post gets deleted.
The newest ogre that has been discoverd is known as Jax. Most comonly called "The Purple Ogre" by loons You Can Find Jax in the popular online game League Of Legends.
Tie-in with the Illuminati
After a guy on /mu/ posted a link to shrekchan, it was spammed very hard and all the original posts went 404. Later they revelaed that shrekchan had alot of secret pages that referenced things like illuminati, ancient egyptian texts and other really spooky stuff. Pages with audio, pdf documents with books from 1700s and videos were found on several hidden pages around on shrekchan.org.
This is also when ShrekChan reached its peak of popularity and went somewhat "viral".
The only rules of ShrekChan are as follows:
- "Have fun"
- "Be safe"
- "This is a safe-for-work imageboard. Any adult content will be removed."
It is also implied that one should not post dreck content, though there isn't a formal rule for this.
There are multiple boards on ShrekChan. Some are accessible by everybody, while others are secret.
- /shr/ - The signature board of ShrekChan; it is for general discussion of the Shrek franchise, although general discussion of all types tends to happen in here as well.
- /hack/ - 1337 h4x0rz lurk this board; you can't get them, though, for they have Norton Antivirus!
- /site/ - The board for providing the people who run ShrekChan with suggestions; in other words, the Site Suggestions board
- /420/ - ShrekSmoke is a board made just for drug users (especially those that smoke da swamp grass).
- /lounge/ - Everyone wants to get in, and only Shrek ## Admin ## and Bono know how to do so.
EDIT: As of 8/19/13, it is now seemingly impossible to get into /lounge/ thanks to Jim the Gatekeeper
- /x/ a board that links you to a wonderful collection of images of pollandball
- /int/ - Assumedly similar to 4chan's /int/ board, the board was removed late january 2013.
- /mu/ - Was once a real board. At one point had a countdown timer for something, 4chan's /mu/ board beleived to be an illuminati conspiracy. This was removed later when 4chan freaked out.
- /v/ - This was the Videoshrek board of ShrekChan; it was made for discussion of Shrek-themed games (videoshreks), but discussion of other games was also welcome
- http://shrekchan.org/lounge/lab/ - Clicking on the "Oh no!" under Jim the Gatekeeper takes you to the famous computer lab.
- http://shrekchan.org/lounge/lab/void.html - Clicking on "world" in the main page of the lab takes you here.
- http://shrekchan.org/holyshit/index.html - If you click on the dog's face (His name is Fang) it will lead you to the former /mu/. The name of the song is Sicx & Brotha Lynch Hung - One Nigga Dead
- http://www.shrekchan.org/projects/dog/report.html - A safe place to report your alien abductions.
- http://www.shrekchan.org/projects/lounge/lounge.html - The OTHER lounge
- http://www.shrekchan.org/projects/segway.html - Some blog about a guy going on a trip. On a segway.
- http://shrekchan.org/gard.html - Only has the words, "shrekchan.org/chin/"
- http://www.shrekchan.org/chin.html - 403 Forbidden Access! The country is believed to be France.
- http://shrekchan.org/lib/ - Another 403 error page.
- http://www.shrekchan.org/css/ - Site coding.
- http://www.shrekchan.org/ed.html - Edgard Varese. Believed to be tied in with "shrekchan.org/guard.html"
- http://shrekchan.org/pyramidisland/ - A mysterious island.
- http://shrekchan.org/asteroidforest/ - A place where you can relax and have a couple of drinks.
- http://shrekchan.org/ancientgarden/ - An event that Admin arranged so us brogres can view the heavens. The date will be somewhere in 2014.
- http://www.shrekchan.org/skeletoncave/ - A cave resided by skeletons for their conversations and whatnot.
The layers of shrekchan is being explored one by one.
- http://www.shrekchan.org/ The homepage of ShrekChan